Skincare is the most common problem, which stresses out every woman in the world. You might have, tons of face serum are stocked in your makeup treasury but it is not necessary that they work appropriately. It might claim to be a moisturizer but there is still need of using a moisturizer. Many questions hover upon our mind while in search for that right best face serum reviews.
This guide will help you choose from the best serum for face reviews and make you understand what exactly serums are.
What is Serum?
From several decades, the recommended skin care routine included cleanser, moisturizers, and toners. To add an extra punch of freshness to the face exfoliating masks and face scrubs came to rescue weekly. Still, there are many skin dilemmas faced by many women and with the advancements in skin care products, serum is one such product, which works with specific problems like saggy skin, blemishes, brown spots, and aging.
A serum is lightweight gel lotion loaded with ingredients to use under a moisturizer and treating mask. Cleanser, moisturizers, and toners are used to make your skin healthy whereas serums are meant to freshen up your skin when it is in a state of a rut. Just add this simple step in your daily skincare drill and see the wonders it does.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Face Serum
Benefits of face serum
Every face serum available in the market has one or the other powers to target specific areas. So, according to this their benefits also vary. Below is the list of some benefits provided by face serum.
- Hydration of the skin
- Concentrated with high levels of nourishing ingredients to increases nourishment of the skin
- Brightening of the skin
- Contains 70% active ingredients, which results in evening of skin tone
- Reduces fine lines
- Reduces dark spots
- Does not contain any fillers and work under deeper layers of skin
- Penetrates the skin quickly due to its water like consistency
- Absorbs faster resulting in no breakouts
- Makes the skin non-greasy
- Prevents in zits and acne formation
- Restores skin moisture
- Restores elasticity of the skin
- A great serum will save your hundreds of bucks
Types of serum
There are several types of serums available in the market and for your convenience below are some categorized face serums to understand their use more efficiently.
• Radical Eliminating Face serum
Due to pollution, dust, dirt, smoke, and smog, your skin might get oxidized with several radicals, which further results in premature aging and hyper pigmentation.
Antioxidants like pomegranates and Vitamin E works as a powerhouse for your skin repairing your skin from within. These serums are suitable for every skin type.
• Anti-Aging Face Serum
This serum is used to add the plumpness to your skin. Collagen is the agent, which helps in boosting your skin and helps in reducing fine lines wrinkles too. Always opt for serum enriched with Vitamin C as it helps in the production of collagen and slows down skin aging. Go pure Vitamin C is the best serum for face anti-aging.
• Anti-Inflammatory Face Serum
Green tea serums and Aloe Vera serums come under this category. They soothe and calm your skin from the harsh sun burn and used as a daily skincare routine it can diminish the redness and irritation of your skin too. As they are enriched with Aloe Vera these are considered as best face serum for dry skin.
• Hydrating Face serum
Argon oil, rose oil and Hyaluronic are best hydrating face serum, which is included in this category. These might sound scary at first but their results are remarkable. Hyaluronic acid serums work several layers deep under your skin and moisturize it. This adds plumpness to the skin making it look fresh all day long. You can also pair it with an anti-aging serum to give your face a double shield.
• Acne Preventing Face serum
Want to get rid of those tough acne and breakouts. Then try face serums enriched with Salicylic Acid, which is also a mature version of Clean and Clear face wash. These best face serum for oily skin are known for its effective defense against breakouts and acne. Salicylic Acid is used in many skincare products from spot treating products to face washes.
When to apply face serum
Face serum is recommended to apply twice a day. Add it as a first step in your daily morning makeup drill after cleaning and toning of your skin. Then go for a sun block as your second step.
For night usage, apply the best face serum and then an appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.
Use one or two fingers as to avoid wasting it by applying on your hand and give your face a deep enriched massage with serum.
How to use best face serum?
A thumb rule when applying skincare products is to go from light to heavy. Apply the product, which is lighter in consistency. So, go for serum then oil, gel and then the final step cream paired with a sun block. Always remember to give a two-minute pause between every step so that skin can absorb each product thoroughly.
- Serums are lighter in consistency and that’s why they need to be applied first on your skin. This way all the active ingredients will penetrate deeper into your skin and make it clear.
- Let the serum dry completely. If you feel that it is touch dry then only go for oils and creams.
- If there is any tingling sensations felt on skin then don’t panic this might be a sign of ingredients working their way.
- Another point is to use very little to apply. A lot of serum would not penetrate into your skin. So, it is better to use little rather than wiping off the extra.
- Always remember to clean your skin before starting the skincare routine. This will help every product to work its way effectively and efficiently.
Remember to purchase the product, which is enriched with those ingredients catering your skin type only. Look for cost-cutting serums also rather than luring for expensive ones.