To make your skin look more radiant and beautiful, it is necessary to choose the right moisturizer for yourself. However, it moisturizer from the deluge of products available in the market. Buyers have the dozens of options to opt for the right face moisturizer.
To prevent you from wasting your money on useless products we have come with a buying guide for face moisturizer so that you shop for your right face partner.
Below are few key points, which you should keep in mind while buying a moisturizer for your face.
Why should you buy Face moisturizer?
But before going further, all the newbies must be thinking why it is so important to purchase a face moisturizer?
Well, a face moisturizer does a lot of work and worth using. Below are the reasons to buy a face moisturizer.
- Your hands and face are the most exposed part of your body and are prone to dryness. Therefore, to keep them softer and supple it is very important to keep them hydrated all the time.
- Moisturizers make your skin look younger and refreshing all day long.
- For the dry skin owners, moisturizing is your key to improve the appearance of your face.
- Good moisturizer for oily skin will reduce the chances of skin problems like acne. It is advisable to use exfoliate ingredient moisturizer for oily skin and creamy moisturizer with high oil content for dry skin.
- Some moisturizers work as a tanner for your skin tone. This helps to even out those blemishes on your face.
- Last but surely not the least, a moisturizer and especially a face moisturizer for oily skin makes your skin look clean and works as a shield from the all-day stress.
How to choose the best face moisturizer?
There is no fun in seeing an itching or a flaking face. Everyone is struggling to avoid this problem. But, by following a healthy face moisturizing routine, it can do wonders to make you look more appealing and presentable.
Given below are some useful tips to keep in mind when shopping for a face moisturizer.
- Magical active ingredients
While picking up a branded moisturizer always look out for the active ingredients like petrolatum, glycerin, and lanolin. These prevent your face from common allergic causes.
- Sunscreen protection
Go for some best moisturizer with SPF. Sun is the main agent damaging your skin. So look for a moisturizer with SPF 30, which will protect the skin from the sun. Purchasing a moisturizer with sunscreen protection saves a lot of your money. Avoid using two products on your face as it can lead to pores clogging which further results in problems like itching, red skin and acne.
- Retinol before bed
Retinol works as Vitamin A for our skin. It increases the speed of your cells turn-over. But always remember to buy these type of moisturizer after consulting a doctor. This ingredient might cause red skin, dry skin or irritation.
- Different moisturizer for different area
This one is the most important point. The skin on your face is sensitive and thinner than rest. It is advisable to you use a different moisturizer on the face then you are using on the rest of your body.
- Appropriate match
Choosing the right moisturizer for your skin type is really a difficult task. Therefore, it is important to know your skin type first. After acknowledging your skin type, you can head towards selecting the ideal moisturizer for your face. We have few suggestions stored for you.
The best face moisturizer for sensitive skin should always have a label of hypoallergenic. Always dip into those products infused with green tea, rose, chamomile or aloe.
On the other hand, best moisturizer for oily skin should be lightweight and free from oil contents. Gel moisturizers are the best face moisturizer for oily skin. Thicker and a richer moisturizer is ideal for dry skin. This type of skin does not produce any natural oils, so it becomes necessary to replenish the facial oils.
For combination skin owners it is recommended to go with the light moisturizer for the whole face and heavy cream for the dry dotted areas. Remember the golden rule, lighter lotions for summer and cream for winters. Always hunt for a balancing moisturizer agreeing to keep your skin in perfect balance.
- Check for the price
With the plethora of moisturizers available in the market from few dollars to hundreds of bucks. Hence, the effectiveness of your moisturizer is not reflected in the price so do not let the price determine your product. Always pay more attention the ingredients rather than the price. An effective moisturizer will always cost lots of bucks1 but this might not be true in every case.
- Weather check
Weather is an important determining factor on which moisturizer to apply today. For example, it is very common for some skin types to experience dryness in the winter season. Therefore, always opt for a heavy and rich moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
How to apply face moisturizer?
Done with finding the right moisturizer? Now follow these quick and easy steps for applying moisturizer.
- Always apply face moisturizer on damp skin. Our skin is like a sponge. If we apply moisturizer on dry skin, it won’t spread anywhere else. But on wet skin, it will absorb quickly and happily lap it up.
- Always use a quarter sized amount
- Start applying from the center half portion of your face, glide outwards, and up.
- Use a pea sized amount on your nose and rub it evenly on the entire face.
- Don’t forget those fine lines! Plump these fines lines with your moisturizer by swirling it in circular motions.
- Golden words: always apply the moisturizer with your middle finger to avoid your skin from tearing and tugging.
As a face is the most appealing part of your body hence, should not be taken lightly. So, make sure you are using best of the products considering the above-discussed points.